Do you wonder what if .. just what if sweets and healthy food went hand in hand. Gobble down how much ever you want without worrying about the calorie. Here is the dessert/ sweet morsel/ mithai that everyone in my family loves. Oats and dried fruits nuggets.
Although I have used dates, apricots, raisins and pistachio, you can use any other dried fruit of your choice. Do not replace dates as they help in binding together the nuggets. I have tried dried cranberries, blueberries instead of apricot and raisins. They too give a food flavor. These nuggets will last maximum for a week. Store them in cold area.
Recipe: Oats and dried fruits nuggets
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Servings: 15 medium sized nuggets
200 gms oats50gms Dates
100 gms Apricot
2 tbsp crushed pistachio
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp dried sunflower seeds
1/2 cup roasted sesame seeds/ poppy seeds/ non roasted dessicated coconut
- Dry roast oats, pistachio, flax seeds and sunflower seeds separately on low heat
- Chop dates, apricot and raisins finely or grind them coarsely in the mixer
- Grind finely oats, flax seeds and sunflower seeds together in the mixer
- Mix all the ingredients together to represents a dough except sesame seeds / poppy seeds / dessicated coconut
- Shape them into nuggets of any size you wish
- Roll them in sesame seeds/ poppy seeds/ dessicated coconut
- You can apply little oil / ghee to your palm if its difficult to roll out the nuggets
P.S. : If you like chocolate, replace few grams of oats with coco powder
Try it on... You might just get addicted.